Tuesday, February 26, 2013

gratitude


Last night I read my journal entries from this past month in Vermont and can see a shift in my thinking. Everything up to day 8 resembled complaints about what is wrong with the world and with myself. Midway I talk more about the work. This past week is about epiphanies and reflections.

What a gift to be able to take some time to check out of my life. I'm ready to go home but not ready to leave. My days at home are punctuated with the necessary obligations of life but here I'm allowed to just keep to myself.

I am grateful for the support from people close to me. I am grateful for my passion that is my work. I am grateful for all who have loved me and love me now.

Walking,
I am listening to a deeper way.
Suddenly,
all my ancestors are behind me.
Be still they say.
Watch and Listen.
You are the result of the love of thousands.
-- Linda Hogan, Native American Writer

1 comment:

  1. The Vermont Studio Center is an amazing place. Welcome to your heart.

    ReplyDelete