I'm super excited and honored to be a part of this community and witness the creativity and ingenuity of everyone's process. It's only been two sessions yet we've learned so much already about basketry, sculptural crochet, weaving, embroidery, felting and organic freeform abstraction.
Read below for all the info. If interested, you can sign up using the Paypal button in the sidebar of this blog... just choose location and session and the rest is easy.
THE FIBER LAB is an independent study group that provides individual instruction, exposure to contemporary art, experimentation with material and technique and a membership to a maker community.
- Individual tutorials of a myriad of fiber techniques including needlefelting,
sculptural crochet, weaving, embroidery and more
- Introduction to alternative materials
- Access to studio tools, books and materials
- Materials included for instruction of new techniques and experimentation
- Gentle peer group consults for feedback and information exchange
- Nurturing environment that encourages risk taking and experimentation
Lots of time for individual instruction. This is an opportunity for those who are new to working with materials as well as the fiber enthusiast who is looking to add to their repertoire of skills.
Choose from two locations:
First Parish Church,Weston
Every second Thursday 10:30a-1:30p
Session III Mar 24, April 7, 21 2016
Miller Street Studios
11 Miller Street, Somerville MA
Every second Saturday 10:00a-1:00p
Session III Feb. 27, Mar 12, Mar 26 2016
Cost: $ 280.00 per three class session
All Levels Welcome!