Thursday, May 31, 2012

Empty

Most of my work is out at 3 different shows and the cupboards are pretty bare.
 
I have conflicted feelings - one is of absence like when adult children grow up and leave...
and the other is inspiration like with a new box of crayons. 

Despair not, by the time I settle into some new work... the old work will be reclaiming their staked out positions.

Looking forward to my staycation-self designed-summer residency with a few books and journals to read and new ideas to flush out. With a lighter teaching schedule, each summer I use the time to set and fulfill some small goals. Several summers ago it was to learn social media and last year my blog. This summer? Still figuring that out... hope the white box that is my studio will provide me with the calm to do it soon.... next week... after the openings!

PHYLA
NK Gallery
June 1-22
reception June 1

OFF THE WALL
Danforth Museum Member Show
June 3-22

MICROMORPHIC
Byrdcliffe Kleinert/James Center for the Arts
Woodstock NY
May 4-June 17

No comments:

Post a Comment