Monday, January 7, 2013

Off and Running

We're a week into the new year and I'm already sprinting.

Though today is my first official day back I've actually been at work since last week. My show, Re:Constructed at Regis College was deinstalled last Friday, a major feat to pack and move. I've been teaching a bit. And yesterday I initiated my HIVE installation at the Danforth Museum in Framingham, MA. This is a month long interactive exhibit working with the Teen Docents and the Drop into Art Program that happens at the museum on Sunday afternoons.

 Teen Docents working together on HIVE at the Danforth Museum - a place of industry 
whose progress can be witnessed during the month of January.

Earlier in the week I visited NYC to see a few mind boggling exhibits: Ann Hamilton's An Event of a Thread at the Park Ave. Armory, Lin Tianmiao Bound Unbound at the Asia Society, Rosemarie Trockel A Cosmos at the New Museum and Mickaline Thomas Origin of the Universe at the Brooklyn Museum. My head is spinning with information and ideas.

I'll be writing in more detail about all of these events in upcoming posts but today's entry is designed to help me organize my thoughts around the many things that I'm dying to share.

Finally, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on and appreciate all the support received in 2012 and all the promise of 2013.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment