Saturday, March 17, 2012

work, work, work... play


Finishing up a very large felted piece for the show Gooey, Gobby, Gummy opening March 29 at Gallery 263 in Cambridge... Continuing with my fabrication of the floats for the Leonard Bernstein Creative Arts Weekend at Brandeis on April 26-29... organizing for Micromorphic in May at the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild .... and moving along with works for my solo show Phyla at NK Gallery in June. Squeeze in a few residency apps and show proposals and that about sizes up my current state of affairs... chaos.

Life couldn't be better though. In a sick way I sort of thrive on it. Forces me to cut through it all and get to the point quickly. But not without the interest and help of my community (this means you N.M. and R.G.). The more I do this thing the more I value the connections I make while making.

Which brings me to a fun studio visit yesterday with Joetta Maue. Joetta just moved to Somerville from Brooklyn and is already shaking it up around here. She is a prolific artist, curator and critic. Check her blog here for her insightful musings. Also, she'll be presenting at the Somerville Arts Council Salon Series at Arts at the Armory on March 28 with another fiber artist Jessie Vogel. I look forward to following her ambitious career and to many more good discussions about the state of art and life.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Super Elastic Bubble Plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... and it grows by leaps and bounds :)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete